Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Faux"-Lix

I feel like I came to the party a bit late when it comes to Tolix...you know...those beautiful simple French Cafe chairs that will cost you a mortgage payment but make your patio...kitchen table or balcony look tres tres chic??? I had to do ome research to find out what the bloggers were talking about and turns out I've seen the chair but had no idea what they were called. In case you are like me here's what the vintage look like~

via Google

via Atelier de Campagne

Aren't they just beautiful? They come in a rainbow of colors and there's just something about them that is wonderful...I can' put my finger on it because it really falls outside of my normal range of things I vear towards but let's just say last wk I found these "Faux"-Lix cafe chairs and danced thru the parking lot while unicorns ran by and rainbows appeared, birds sang and well ...ok none of that happened except in my head!
Just take a gander....
Red is SOOO not my color but I feel like these 2 beauties are my children...yes I'm that much in love. I have not decided if I'm taking them to the Fancy Flea or not...decisions, decisions.

I really racked up this week with finds to a total of 3 trailer loads full so I have a MOUNTAIN of work to do in the next 2 weeks. Here's a few of the small things I found too but I promise there are piles more :)

These bad mamba jambas are about 4-5 inches long and I think Brass


French Mustard Jars that just got here in the mail today after their long journey overseas


This preciousness is about 2ft tall and has a chain to hang by. My thought was that it would be an awesome light fixture with a vintage bulb dropped thru the center. I have a matching one a little smaller too. If you don't hear from me don't worry...I only have a lifetime of painting ahead of me in the next 2 weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment