Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Flea Market Heaven

This weekend I was so excited to go junking at Mt Dora's Flea Market! Three times a year they have a giant Extravaganza that you really need all 3 days to get thru but we decided to hustle thru in one day. The weather was pefect around 70 degrees (did I mention I LOVE living in the South!) and even on the second day of the market there were so many goodies and deals that I feel like it was such a blur of excitement I can't remember everthing! I wanted to share a few finds and projects I found...

Olive Baskets!! So excited about these little babies!!

I almost hypervenilated over these "circus" letters...can you believe there were so many?


When I got them home I laid them out to clean them and my little 2yr old  "factory worker" got busy organizing :)



 One of the main reasons we went is because we bought a Historic home in Downtown St Marys (GA) last summer and we have a wonderful formal living room that sits at the front of the house and are in the process of opening a shop in it so this was a great first buying trip to get the shop stocked but some of the finds I will be putting on Etsy too.

I have to put seats back in but I'm thinking covered with grainsacks or burlap...


John the Baptist from 1832 (signed and dated)

One vendor has these fun Union Jack Cubes and all kinds of printed vintage pillows (definitely have a few for Etsy)

Some Sweet little garden beauties!

I have so much more to share but for the sake of stalling your computer downloading pics I will save some for later this week. Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Aspen,
    Congratulations on opening a shop!! Should be a lot of fun! You have way more junking opportunities in GA than I do here in MT (as you well know)!
    Good Luck,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had more but at least there's enough stuff if you don't mind driving :)

    ReplyDelete